Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blogging is harmful

Here I am trying to make sure that I get my computing done for the morning. The clock on the computer keeps moving on and after over two hours, I have just about finished sending messages and organizing- tennis ( I am a sub on the team-can not join as full members because of my part-time work), my octet and trio, ordering a piece of art, checking dates and contacts for the McMichael Gallery ( I organize the Sunday Concerts and need to get next season booked by the end of June-yikes!), sending greetings to friends, booking a date to meet with a former student who is organizing a band for recent high school graduates- would like my advice. That is most of the list. While doing this and hoping to get to my blog, I am mindful of a piece that was on CNN on the weekend. Blogging kills. The piece mentioned three journalists who had blogs that they maintained for their media employers and they had all died recently and in most cases from heart attacks so the assumption was that the stress of constant blogging had killed them. Wonder how many people are out there enjoying their blogging and not suffering but just having fun posting their thoughts about their favourite topics.

I would think that as long as they are not trying to make a living or get a book deal that blogging is quite safe probably safer than many activities that we can engage in.

Time to get cleaned up. Having lunch at the Royal York courtesy of the Canadian Cancer Society. This is a thank you for writing cheques which is easy. I admire the people who are invited who drive patients to their appointments and treatment and take time out their schedule to give the cancer patients; what I do is easy. Also my respect goes to all of the medical professionals who continue to treat this illness and look for answer and new treatments.

No comments: