Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nursery

Yesterday, we went to visit relatives in St. Catherines and after a wonderful lunch drove to Fonthill to a nursery. What a find! If you wanted tomatoes which we did, there were at least 30 different kind- we got some big ones-not beefsteak for a change, some Roma tomatoes for our Italian and Greek dishes and I love small tomatoes- grape tomatoes instead of cherry. Michael loved the fact that they sold almost every kind of hot pepper and we are going to grow hot peppers. He loves hot food, I am not a partial to hot food. Did I mention yellow tomatoes? We also bought some snapdragons that were much nicer than any I have seen in local nurseries (will take pictures when they bloom and asters). Going to have a wonderful day tomorrow planting all our finds.

This afternoon, I am off to Ward's Island to perform Mozart's Gran Partita for 13 winds at a church on the island. Have to leave soon so that I can catch the ferry in time. Packing a book and knitting to pass the time while I wait.

No comments: