Sunday, May 25, 2008

Retirement

Recently, someone asked me if I would join his board which supports a music organization. I said that I would think about it but first needed to know what the exact expectations are. Since then I found out that he looks for young people who have no family commitments and retired people who have time.

After this past Thursday, I realized that time is not something I have to spare if I want to get to some of the things that I enjoy. Gardening for one,I bought plants last weekend and they are not planted yet. Granted, the weather has been bad and no one in their right mind would be out planting in the weather that we had. Reading, I have a serious backlog and it is growing; just found out that Maggie Sefton who writes a mystery series about a wonderful yarn shop in Colorado-( I want to visit one like this one) has a new novel coming out in a week and another in September. I e-mailed my supplier The Sleuth of Baker Street http://www.sleuthofbakerstreet.com/ and they are ordering a copy for me. Practising, I am trying to make sure that I practise at least an hour a day which is really not great but helps. Writing letters- I love sending mail as some people know and writing in general- I am behind; have an article that I must get done.


On Thursday which I mentioned earlier, I stayed at home all day and did not get dressed until 4 p.m. (Glad that no one came to the door.) I was working on the computer, making phone calls, writing media releases and generally trying to get work done for many of the organizations that I work with. I did not even get out to play tennis which I love- it was a bad day weather wise so no serious regrets.

As a few of you might have noticed, I did not even write in my blog the past two days. We had company yesterday before we went out to see some local community theater which is always fun. Company means serious cleaning and cooking. Love cooking.

As you can tell, I am not a retiree who lacks for things to do, just the time to do everything that cries out for my attention and I love to do. Guess, I have decided that is one committee that I will not be joining.

No comments: