Monday, May 12, 2008

Spring Flowers





Last Friday, I finally took the time to go out in the garden and photograph some of the plants that have started to bloom. The garden is beginning to have a wonderful display of For-get-me-nots. I love them when they are in full bloom. The fact that you get hundreds of plants from just a couple is also wonderful when you have a sizable garden.

Primulas are also wonderful since they can be divided each year. I have started collecting different varieties: doubles and the broomstick variety. Just got a new one on the Sunday. Will photograph it when it has grown a bit. It will be ready for division in about a month's time. The blue and yellow look wonderful together especially after a good rain.


Another wonderful aspect to gardening is that it offers opportunities to share. This bleeding heart came from friends Herb and Gillian who had a wonderful garden in Toronto and donated this addition to the garden which has survived over 10 winters.
Once they start blooming, I need to dig up some of the lily of the valley and give some to a friend who is a novice gardener and asked me if I could spare some. Those of you who are gardeners, know that the answer is oh yes.
Tomorrow, I am hoping to get to the planting I have to do. Wonderful therapy when life gets hectic and practising is not working.









No comments: