Thursday, May 1, 2008

Open gardens


I love garden tours and just found a series of gardens open to the public and monies raised go to charity. Open Gardens Toronto, http://viewithere.com/opengardens/ offers a series of dates to tour gardens maintained by real gardeners and the money goes to a charity. The organization is modelled on the National Gardens Scheme established in Britain in 1927.



Each year, I go and visit some gardens and my favourites are the gardens created by the owners not some landscapers idea of the latest trends. People can be incredibly creative and inspiring. I am looking forward to visiting some of these gardens.


Going to plant some of my delphiniums this afternoon and maybe someday my garden will be on the tour. Have a year or two to go before I am satisfied.

No comments: